Article by Giuseppe Orlando
If you’re looking to make some extra cash then Ebay is a good place where you can learn to make money online instantly. But like anything business related having a game plan will vastly improve the amount of money that you make.
Firstly, what is it that you want to sell? Your own stuff? Clothes, books, records, furniture etc etc. Or are you buying to resell? Just be rest-assured that it will sell, after all your junk may be another person’s treasure. Whatever it is that you decide these 6 tips will help to make sure you turn your items into the most cash possible.
1. Your first aim should be to build a good reputation as a seller. To do this easily, make sure to write accurate descriptions of the item your selling and also take a good picture. Include any flaws, how old the item is, and how much it has been used.
2. Ripping people off by over charging on postage costs is a sure fire way of damaging your reputation and decreasing the amount that your items sell for; be sure to calculate the correct costs before you list your items.
3. Use reserves sparingly as Ebay’s recent publication suggested that these are best saved for large ticket items.
4. Buyers will often pay more for an item if the seller offers a no questions asked 14 day return policy, regardless of whether the item will actually cost more. Don’t worry, however, as long as you have described it honestly the returns you receive back will extremely low or even non-existent.
5. Ending your items at 9pm on a Saturday night won’t create that last minute bidding war that you’re aiming for as the chances are that most people will be out, or just enjoying the weekend. It has been proven by Ebay that Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings are the best times to end item listings.
6. If your selling what you believe to be “Junk” then start the bids at 0.99 pence/cent. After all if you were just going to throw it out then frankly anything you can get for it is a bonus. Plus the listing will be free.
Ebay can indeed be very fruitful in terms of making extra money online. However, to cut down on the time you will have to invest on listing, packing and posting you will need to come up with a stringent schedule. Then, at a later date assess whether the money your seeing coming in is a healthy return on that time you’ve spent.
About the Author
Giuseppe Orlando is a highly motivated and passionate Internet Marketer. Spending his first years online in affiliate marketing he then moved over to the Automated Business arena where he is having much success.
Giuseppe has fast made connections with some of the biggest names in the industry and has been widely recognized for his passion in coaching other like minded people to achieve the same success that he has.
More How To Make Money Articles
If you want to get started fast – and Earn as you Learn – then be sure to check out this program right away: Maverick Money Makers
*As a duly authorized commissioned affiliate I fully endorse this product.